Friday, March 4, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part V - Lippie Pencils in Rayezor, Bound, Lumiere, and Dopey


Another Colourpop review. Someone stop me, please.


Today I'll be swatching Colourpop's Lippie Pencils in Rayezor, Bound, Lumiere, and Dopey. I wasn't able to get the Dopey Ultra Satin Lip before it sold out, so I got the lip liner to test out the color. It doesn't hurt that these are $5 each. Or maybe it does, because I have way too many lippies now.





L to R: Rayezor, Bound, Lumiere, Dopey in natural light

These are so creamy and soft. They glide on the skin and are highly pigmented. The tip of Dopey actually broke while I was swatching, that's how soft they are. Nevertheless, these are so nice.

In indoor lighting

Did I really need all these Lippie Pencils all in similar shades of color? Absolutely not. Do I love them all anyway? Absolutely yes.

 Rayezor in natural lighting

Rayezor in indoor lighting 

Rayezor is described as a "warm peachy nude" but it's definitely not on me. It's like a brownish mauve color and is deeper in person.

Bound in natural lighting

Next is Bound Lippie Pencil. I was really interested in this color because it was so incredibly different than the corresponding Lippie Stix. 

In indoor lighting

Bound is a "mid-tone nude pink" that is another mauve color on my skintone. I clearly have a bias for certain shades.


 Lumiere in natural lighting

Lumiere is a "dusty mauve pink."

 In indoor lighting

The violet undertones in this lip pencil comes out a lot more on my skintone, much like Lumiere 2.

 L to R: Lumiere Lippie Stix, Lumiere Lippie Pencil, Lumiere 2 Ultra Matte Lip

I think of the three variations, I like the Lippie Stix the most as it looks most natural on me. The pencil and the liquid lipstick become more violet/grey on me while the original is a nice mauve pink.

 In natural lighting

 Dopey in natural lighting

Finally, Dopey. I'll be honest and say I had the lowest expectations for this color because I thought it would be too light for my skin. I am happy to be wrong about that!

 In indoor lighting

Dopey is supposed to be a "dusty mauve" color, but it's a lot more pink on me, more so than Lumiere. I absolutely love this color on me, and I'll definitely consider getting the Ultra Satin Lip as well when it comes back in stock.

 MAC Soar, Bound, Lumiere, Rayezor, Dopey

I was also curious as to how these Lippie Pencils compared with my current favorite lip liner, MAC Soar ($16.50). Of the four, I think Bound and Dopey are the most similar. I've heard Bound is a close dupe to Soar, but it'd probably be a perfect match if you mix Dopey and Bound together.

Overall, Colourpop's Lippie Pencils are amazing for their price. They're wonderfully pigmented, come in a variety of shades, and glide on like a dream without tugging. I'd like it if they were a little less soft, but it's not a huge problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...