Friday, March 18, 2016

Swatch and Review: MAC Velvetease Lip Pencil in Aim to Please



I recently stopped by the MAC counter to pick up the lip liner in Spice, but when I came across MAC Velvetease Lip Pencil in Aim to Please ($20), I knew I had to have it. My justification was that since I already have a ton of lip liners, how about this new lip pencil?? As if I didn't already have a ton of those too. 







I'm really loving the packaging for this lip pencil. It's a twist up, meaning there's no sharpening or product waste! The pencil tip also allows for precise application.

 In indoor lighting

Aim to Please is described as a "dirty mauvy brown" that is wonderfully pigmented and glides on like a dream. The texture reminds me a lot of Clinique's Chubby Pencils or Revlon's Just Bitten Balm Stains.

In natural lighting

I love the formula for MAC's Velvetease. It's highly pigmented, semi-matte, smooth and creamy, and non-drying. I wouldn't say it's hydrating, but it's definitely less drying than matte lipsticks.

 In indoor lighting

On my lips, Aim to Please is like a muted rose color that I'm absolutely adoring.

In natural lighting

Overall, I'm so glad I chose this over a lip liner. I love how effortless it is to apply. The pointed tip makes application a breeze there's no need to fuss with sharpeners. There's absolutely no bleeding and the smooth, semi-matte formula gives a long-lasting lip.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...