Friday, March 11, 2016

Swatch and Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes


I feel like NYX is one of those oft underrated brands that offer countless of affordable products at great quality. Today I'll be reviewing one of my favorite products, their Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes ($6).


First up, packaging. I love how you can clearly see the color by the tube. The matte handle is also a nice touch, since this is a matte formula. The only downside about the packaging is that the tube is opaque, meaning I can't see how much product I have left.






Cannes is a "matte muted mauve" that is more like a soft pink on me. It's a very natural color that isn't too bright, but definitely not as dull as many mauves are on me. Also I love how all of the colors are named after cities.

 Cannes in natural lighting

This lip product is unlike any other that I've ever used. It's not quite a liquid lipstick, though it has the pigmentation of one.  It's not watery like liquid lipsticks or thick as colored glosses. The formula is opaque and extremely soft and creamy, almost like a mousse texture on the lips, and I love it so much. The lip cream doesn't fully dry down, but it stays matte and very hydrating. It also smells very sweet like icing. I'm obsessed!

In indoor lighting

NYX matte lip cream was my first foray into mauve-nude-pink lip colors and Cannes was my everyday go to lip before I found other similar shades (ahem, Colourpop). Nevertheless, this remains one of my absolute favorite formulas of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...