Monday, February 15, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part II - Ultra Matte Lips in Tulle, Bumble, and Lumiere 2


This is a continuation of my Colourpop review. In my last post, I swatched and reviewed More Better, Bad Habit, And Stingraye. Click here to read about it.

More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye, Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2, Lumiere, Brink
In natural  lighting

Today, I'll be review the last three Ultra Matte Lip colors in Tulle, Bumble, and Lumiere 2.



More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye, Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2 in natural lighting

In indoor lighting.


In natural lighting

Tulle is a "dusty warm burgundy" and is such a lovely color. At first, I thought it would be way too dark since in all the swatches and videos I viewed, Tulle was kind of a dark brown. In fact, it's such a beautiful, deep warm rose.

In indoor lighting

Tulle is probably my second favorite of the Ultra Matte Lip colors, second to Stingraye. It's a pretty close tie. 



Bumble is one of the colors I was most looking forward to trying on. It's a "dusty warm terra-cotta." Half the shades I picked are described as "dusty." Either I have a leaning toward certain shades of color, or Colourpop needs new adjectives.


Despite how much I was looking forward to this color, it was a bit underwhelming. It's a nice color, but I prefer Buxom's True Nude Lip Foundation in Bare as my go-to terra-cotta color. Bumble is a bit too bright for me, though it's still a very lovely color.


At last, Lumiere 2. One of the most anticipated, yet disappointing shades.


Lumiere 2 was created as a sister color to the Lippie Stix Lumiere by KathleenLights. The original Lumiere looks perfectly lovely on me, which I will swatch in my next post. Lumiere 2, however, is way too light for my skin tone.


When Lumiere 2 first launched, I looked through all the videos and Instagram posts for swatches, and it was different for everyone. The most common sentiment was that Lumiere 2 looks very different from the original Lumiere.  It's more of a distant cousin than a sister to the original Lumiere. I'm sure it looks wonderful on others, but on me, this color is a no-go.

Overall, Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips are a lovely addition to my hoard of lipsticks. They are highly pigmented, long-lasting, and come in a great selection of colors. The formula is watery and it spreads well. Aside from some minor issues with even coverage with darker colors, these are well worth the hype. And at $6, these can't be beat.

4.8/5

Previous Colourpop post: More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye
Next up: Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere and Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...