Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part III - Lippie Stix in Lumiere and Brink


This is part three of my Colourpop review series in which I'll review two of the Lippie Stix in Brink and Lumiere. I only ordered two Lippie Stix because I wasn't interested in as many of the shades. 



In natural lighting

From left to right: More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye, Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2, Lumiere, Brink.




In indoor lighting

In natural lighting 

Lumiere is a matte "dusty mauve pink." It's a wonderful everyday mauve color that isn't too gray-toned.


Makeup guru KathleenLights collaborated with Colourpop to come up with a color that everybody could wear, and I have to agree. I thought this color might be too light for me like its sister Lumiere 2, but it actually is a lovely natural color.

As you can see from the swatches above, Lumiere is quite different from Lumiere 2. The original Lumiere is pinker in tone while its sister distant cousin Lumiere 2 is cool and gray-toned. I find that the original Lumiere suits me much better than Lumiere 2.


Brink is a "dusty warm taupe," but it's more of a muted orange-pink on me.


Brink was one of the colors I was looking forward to trying on the most (second to Bumble). It's a nice everyday lip that brings color to your face without being over the top. However, like with Bumble, I'm not in love with Brink and I think it might be a little too light for my skin tone.

Colourpop Lippie Stix have a smooth, pigmented formula and they come in a variety of finishes like matte, satin, and sheer. The only gripe I have with this product is the scent. Lumiere and Brink both smell like burnt plastic to me. I don't know if all Lippie Stix smell like this, or if it's just the ones that I have, but it's a terrible scent. Nevertheless, for the price of $5, Colourpop Lippie Stix are great quality and come in a wide selection of colors and finishes.

4/5

Previous Colourpop reviews: Part I and Part II
Tune in for my review on Colourpop Super Shock Cheeks in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...