Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part IV - Super Shock Cheeks in Between the Sheets and Butterfly Beach


Finally, my last Colourpop review (for now, at least). While my previous reviews were about Colourpop's lipsticks, I added a couple of cheek products to test out as well.


I got a blush in Between the Sheets which Colourpop describes as "a mid-tone pink-beige in a matte finish." 





The blush comes in a pot with a twist top and is 1.5 oz, which I think is a lot considering the typical NARS blush is $30 for 0.16 oz. This blush was only $8.


Colourpop's cheek products are like nothing I've ever felt before. It's like a bouncy mousse and is very soft, creamy, and bendable. Their eyeshadows and pigments are also the same texture. Because of the unique texture, Colourpop suggests that these be closed tightly so that the products don't dry out.

L to R: heavily swatched and blended out 

Between the Sheets is such a lovely everyday color. It's a muted pink that isn't too bright but still vibrant enough to look like a natural glow. It's also very pigmented and easy to blend.


If you didn't already know, I've been obsessed with highlighters. I'm pretty sure that my makeup collection consists mostly of lipsticks and highlighters.


Like the blush, this highlighter is in a container with a twist top and is also $8 for 1.5 oz of product.


Butterfly Beach is a "soft peach with highlights of gold and silver." I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. I think I've gotten too used to high shine and bright shimmer from Becca and Josie Maran, and this Butterfly Beach is much more subdued for me.

L to R: heavily swatched and blended out

As you can see from the swatch, this is a very sheer and light highlighter and is barely noticeable when blended out. Butterfly Beach is just a pink shimmer to me, but still nice. I think it would be gorgeous as a blush topper, especially when mixed with Between the Sheets.

Overall, I think Colourpop Super Shock Cheek products are super affordable and unique. I love the texture and how easy it is to use - just swipe and blend on the cheeks. I'd love to try out more blushes and highlighters from them.

5/5

Read the previous Colourpop reviews here: 

Part I - More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye Ultra Matte Lips
Part II - Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2 Ultra Matte Lips
Part III - Lumiere and Brink Lippie Stix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...