Sunday, February 14, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part I - Ultra Matte Lips in More Better, Bad Habit, and Stingraye


Oh boy, I've got a bunch of stuff to review this week. I've heard a lot of great things about Colourpop Cosmetics, and I decided to take the plunge and order myself some of their most popular products.


 I got two of their Lippie Stix in Lumiere and Brink, as well as six shades of Ultra Matte Lips. The first three Ultra Matte Lip shades I'll be reviewing today are More Better, Bad Habit, and Stingraye.




In natural lighting 

From left to right: More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye, Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2

In indoor lighting

I'll review the last three shades in my next post.


More Better is actually the first product I purchased from Colourpop a couple weeks ago. I loved it so much that I decided to buy more. It doesn't hurt (or maybe it does) that they're only $6. Since they're so reasonably priced, I can't help but justify buying more and more!

In natural lighting 

More Better is a deep violet wine that is somehow both very deep in color, but super eye-catching and vibrant. It's definitely a head-turner.

In indoor lighting

In person, this shade is much deeper - nearly an opaque violet. Because of how deep the color is and how watery the formula is, there can be issues with coverage. When applying the color, too many swipes can lead to patchy application as you can see on the left side and center of my bottom lip. It's best to work quickly and to apply with few strokes as possible.


Bad Habit is slightly pinker than More Better, but still somewhat in the same spectrum of color.


Colourpop describes Bad Habit as "a dusty mauve pink," but it's a bit too bright for that description. Maybe on other skin tones it would be, but on me it's a nice pink.


In person, Bad Habit is a bit more muted. It's a pinkish-purple like like More Better, only five shades lighter.


Stingraye is one of my absolute favorites. At first, I wasn't planning on purchasing it because I thought the color would be too light for my skin.


Turns out, Stingraye is absolutely gorgeous! It's a plummy-brown that's perfect for everyday wear. It's that shade of mauve that I've been looking everywhere for.


Stingraye is such a pleasant surprise for me. I think this suits me so much better than KVD's Lolita.

Stay tuned for the continuation of this review in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...