Monday, October 5, 2015

Swatch & Review: Kat Von D Lolita, Cathedral, Lovecraft Revisited

One of my more popular posts on this blog is my S&R of KVD's Lovecraft, Cathedral, and Lolita. It's one of my earlier posts, so the images and swatches aren't that great quality. I've decided to post an update of my review with newer and (hopefully) more accurate images.



As usual, KVD has excellent packaging. They're very sturdy and fun to use. Unfortunately, the cap on my Lolita Studded Kiss Lipstick doesn't close very well, so it comes off quite often in my purse. I've tried switching the cap with the one from Cathedral, but still no luck. I'm not particularly worried about it.


From left to right: Lolita liquid lipstick, Lolita Studded Kiss, Cathedral Studded Kiss, and Lovecraft Studded Kiss. As you can see, the Lolita liquid lipstick is completely different than the Lolita Studded Kiss. I actually like the Lolita Studded Kiss shade more than the popular liquid lipstick, but that's just personal preference.


Lovecraft Studded Kiss. Still not in love with this color, but it's not terrible. I just don't find lighter pinks to be suitable for my skin tone, but it's not the lipstick's fault.


Cathedral Studded Kiss. I love this color. It's a little rosier than the Lolita liquid lipstick, but the shades are almost identical on me in person.


Lolita Studded Kiss. In person, the shade isn't so coral, but more of a brick red with brown tones. I love this color since I don't have anything like it in my collection.


The ever so famous Lolita liquid lipstick. I absolutely adore this color for the fall. I've been wearing it more often since it lasts so long and is very low-maitenance.

Overall notes: The Studded Kiss line is gorgeous, but the formula is drying. This might be a problem since the colder months mean more chapped lips. The liquid lipstick is foolproof as usual, but still drying. The use of a hydrating base or topper makes the formula fade faster. Still love all of these lipsticks anyway because the shades and the pigmentation just can't be beat.

4.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...