Thursday, October 29, 2015

Review: NUDE Skincare Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil

Remember when I said I didn't have a skincare routine? Like, literally, it was just two months ago when I wrote a post about my lack of skincare routine and how I just couldn't be bothered.

Well, that has definitely changed. I've been obsessed (obsessed, you guys) with trying out new moisturizers and face oils. I have combination skin, so I'd never thought I'd be using face oils. Luckily, I did my research and now I've got more than enough skincare products to last me through the cold and dry seasons.


My current favorite is NUDE Skincare's Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil ($68). Before I started using this, my skin was incredibly rough and dry, but after using this for about a week, my skin became smoother and softer. This oil definitely lives up to its claims.




NUDE has three different variations of Progenius treatment oil: the Progenius Omega Treatment Milk ($58), the Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil ($68), and the Progenius Omega Treatment Oil ($78). The milk is for hydration, the rescue oil is for repairing and defending the skin, and the treatment oil is for anti-aging and smoothing. All three have a variety of omegas in the formula and are made with natural ingredients. 


Because my skin was so rough and dry, I decided on the rescue oil for a quick fix. The oil is lightweight and fast-absorbing with an earthy scent. 

Starting with a freshly washed face and a spritz of toner, I add about 2-3 drops (maybe 4 if I need a lot of help) to my hand and rub the oil between my palms. I pat the oil onto my face and let it soak in before topping with moisturizer. You can also combine the oil into the moisturizer, but I just do the steps separately. Within a week, my dry and rough spots completely vanished and my skin was left feeling hydrated and radiant.


Of the three oils by NUDE, this one is the middle of the price range ($58 - $78). It's definitely pricey for the 1 fl oz you get, but it'll last a long time. Other face oils that I've been loving are Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil Light ($16/0.5 oz), Caudalie Divine Oil ($9/0.5 oz), Tarte Maracuja Oil ($15/0.5 oz, but I got as a sample) and Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil ($50/1.6 oz, sample). 

There are so many face oils out in the market right now, and I'm pretty much loving all of them. They come in a great variety of formulas, consistencies, and price ranges. I'm dying to get my hands on Fresh Seaberry Face Oil, Marula Facial Oil, and Sunday Riley's line of oils. You can bet that I'll be doing more reviews on skincare over the next few weeks.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...