Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Swatch and Review: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal - Liquid and Poured

I've been obsessed with highlighters lately. Ever since I got Champagne Pop, my makeup has changed dramatically. I used to be all about having my makeup as matte as possible, but now I can see how much dimension and life highlighters can bring to my face.

Some days when I don't feel like putting in any effort, I'll just brush on some highlight on my cheekbones and call it a day. I love how effortless these highlighters are and how much of a difference they can make.


I got the travel size highlighter in Opal ($19) a few weeks back, but I have yet to review it, so I'd thought I'd combine both the poured and liquid highlighters in one review.



I'm seriously obsessed, and I can occasionally go overboard with highlighting. However, Becca products are really versatile with their products and make highlighting super easy.




Opal liquid in indoor lighting. 


Opal liquid in natural lighting


Opal liquid blended in natural lighting. 

I love how natural the finish is for this liquid highlighter. It gives a luminous glow without adding too much shimmer. It's also extremely easy to use and mix with other liquids like foundation. It adds a healthy glow to my complexion without excess glitter.

Just to note: highlighters can definitely bring out the best and the worst on your skin. While they can flatter your cupid's bow and brow bone, too much use on the cheekbones can magnify pores and fine lines.



Like the pressed Shimmering Skin Perfectors, the poured highlighters ($38) come in a lovely compact with a mirror. It's slightly smaller than the pressed versions, but the product is much more concentrated.


Compared to the pressed and liquid versions, the poured highlighters have a lot more pigment and less shimmery particles.


Opal poured in indoor lighting.


 Opal poured in natural lighting.

The three finishes are differentiated according to what effect you want in your highlight. I like to use the liquid highlighter mixed with foundation or moisturizer for an effortlessly luminous look, like I'm glowing naturally from within.

I'm still getting used to the poured highlighter. Because it's more concentrated in pigment than in shimmer, it gives me a subtle golden glow. Becca describes the finish as a "mattified shine."

The pressed version is what I use the most because it has the most shimmer. I know a lot of people don't like that, but I'm so crazy about highlighting that I pretty much want to glow in the dark.

Overall, these are really lovely highlighters. I can't say they're my ride or die, but I still enjoy them a lot. I've still got quite a few more highlighters to review before I can point out my holy grail, but for now, these are definitely some of the most beautiful and versatile highlighters out there.

Liquid 4.8/5
Poured 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...