Monday, August 24, 2015

Swatch & Review: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop

Becca and its highlighting products have been so popular as of late, and I wanted to see what the fuss was about, and I'm pleased that I did.

I purchased the highlighter made in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill in Champagne Pop ($38), which is a pinkish gold shimmer. I've always wanted to try contouring, but I can hardly put on eyeshadow, let alone contour my face. So, I thought I'd try highlighting - or strobing - which been the next 'it' thing after contouring. 

Strobing uses an illuminating highlighter to accent the high planes of the face like the cheekbones, brows, and bridge of the nose. It results in a natural, dewy, and glowing finish and brings dimension into the face without the need of contouring (though you can add contouring if you want). 

I've been trying this product for the past few days, and I love how it makes me look fresh-faced and glowing, even if I'd hardly gotten any sleep.  





As usual, I am a sucker for great packaging, and Becca doesn't disappoint. The case is a matte grey with a metal accent. It feels wonderfully sturdy.


The mirror is a decent size for touchups throughout the day.



I love the texture of this powder. It's incredibly silky. It has some fallout when using a brush (I use a fan brush), but I just use my fingers to pick up the excess and dab it on my inner eyes for instant brightness.


I first swatched it at Sephora, and I was worried it would be too shimmery. Applied to the face, however, the highlighter blends beautifully and has a natural finish. 

5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...