Saturday, August 15, 2015

Swatch and Review: Sephora Birthday Gift - NARS Lip Pencils

This year, Sephora is gifting its Beauty Insiders with NARS Lip Pencils, which is awesome.


Kind of small and a pain to sharpen, but the color is amazing. I kind of hate the cap to these pencils though. It seems like the air pressure pushes the cap back up unless you really close it hard. You also have to be careful opening it, otherwise you'll scrape the tip with the cap. At first, I thought it was a twist up lip pencil, but nope. Gotta get a jumbo lip pencil sharpener if you haven't got one already.


I'm so used to using chubby sticks that these tiny lip pencils are a bit of a pain to use. Nevertheless, it's great for precision. 




NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella ($26 full size) / NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien ($20 full size)


Rikugien is a sheer rose pink color that is MLBB on me. There's a slight shimmer on the color itself, but it doesn't show up much on my lips. I love how it glides on smoothly with just the right amount of pigmentation. Definitely a great everyday color that rivals my go-to MUFE Rouge Artist Natural in N9 Copper Pink (which I got from last year's Sephora birthday gift). 


Cruella (love the name) is a scarlet red that seems to have blue tones when I wear it. The picture shows a bit more of an orange undertone, but either way, it's a gorgeous color. It's very pigmented and drags a little on the lips when applying. You can see that it's pretty dry on my lips, but nothing that a bit of exfoliation and lip primer won't fix.

4.5 / 5 (fix your packaging NARS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...