Monday, August 24, 2015

Review: Bite Beauty 5 Night Fix for Lips

I have an obsession with Bite Beauty. I don't even have a lot of their products - just a lipstick, a mini lip duo, and now this. But of the few products that I have from them, I've always been incredibly impressed. 

Bite Beauty seems to do everything right when it comes to what I look for in lip products - pigmentation, staying power, formulation, etc. With the amount of lipstick I wear, it really takes a toll on the state of my lips, which is why I invested in Bite's 5 Night Fix for Lips ($15). It's perpetually sold out on Sephora's website, but I stumbled upon it during my trip to JC Penney's Sephora in the rows of travel sized products by the check out register.


It comes with a mini Scrub Stick in Whipped Cherry and a mini Agave Lip Mask. The bottle is absolutely adorable, and I'm trying to think of ways to repurpose it. 




The full sized lip scrub usually comes in a pot, which I'm not a fan of sticking my fingers into, so I'm really pleased that this one is in a stick. It's super tiny, and I'm sure it wouldn't last more than a few days of consistent use. I don't use it too often though, because I don't like how it smells like cherry cough syrup. There's no particular taste to it though. When I scrub my lips with this, I can feel the gritty pieces exfoliating my lips, but when I press my lips together, there is no rough residue. Just super soft lips with a slight feeling of chapstick. I love that I don't have to wipe my lips off after I use this like I have to with other sugar scrubs. I probably won't repurchase it though because, again, I hate pot containers and I don't like the smell. For people who don't mind that, then it's a really great product.

As for the lip mask, I am in love. The tube itself doesn't have an applicator, so you just have to squeeze the product out and rub it onto your lips with a finger. The mask has a really thick consistency, but it's not sticky and it glides on smoothly. I love how long it lasts. Compared to my usual Nivea chapstick and my Fresh Sugar lip balm, this mask lasts forever. I like to apply it at night, and I never find myself needing reapplication like I usually do with other balms. This mask is perfection for my constantly dry lips.

It's called 5 Night Fix for Lips, but I can see this lasting for way more than five nights, at least for me. There's not much product in the scrub stick (0.041 oz), so that will be used up quickly. But for the lip mask, I find a little goes a long way, so the amount (0.18 oz) will last me awhile. 

For the quality of the product, I think this is a great investment for someone who wants to try out Bite Beauty without too much of an expense. It's still pricey for the size, but the results are worth it.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...