Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Swatch and Review: Jouer Long-wear Lip Crème Liquid Lipstick in Lychee, Petale de Rose, and Cassis



They're here!! I'm so excited to finally get my hands on Jouer's Long-wear Lip Crème Liquid Lipsticks ($18). They've been out of stock for ages and they recently had a restock that sold out again within hours. I managed to pick up three of the colors that I wanted the most: Lychee, Petale de Rose, and Cassis.


I thought about picking up a fourth one since there was a 25% off promo and it would have essentially been buy 3 get one free. Unfortunately, all the other colors that I wanted were sold out by then, so I just got 3 with an additional 25% off. New customers can use the code WELCOME25 for 25% off their first purchase!






First up, packaging. The lip creams are packaged in a rectangular tube with a doe foot applicator. At first, I thought that they were pretty small for the price, but you get 6 ml / 0.21 fl oz ($3.68 per fl oz) of product, which I think is fair for the quality, especially in comparison to other high end liquid lipsticks. I especially love how short the doe foot applicator is. It's much easier to control for precise application in comparison to the longer ones like Colourpop's.

In natural lighting

In indoor lighting 

All three of these shades are incredibly smooth and soft, kind of like NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams but more pigmented. They have a wonderful vanilla scent as well. The formula is non-drying and transfer-resistant. While matte, they aren't drying on the lips like the Ultra Matte Lips are. They're actually very comfortable on the lips and last an incredibly long time and are tough to remove, though not ridiculously so. I'm really loving this formula!

Lychee 

A neat thing about Jouer's products is that they have a groove along one side so that you can slide together a bunch of products - highlighter, blush, foundation, lipgloss - together to form a palette. Super cool idea!

In natural lighting 

Lychee is a "matte cool dusty rose" which is a nice carnation pink on me. I was worried that it would be too light for me, much like Echo Park, but it actually suits me quite nicely.

In indoor lighting 

It's brighter and lighter than the lip shades that I usually go for, especially since it's pink, but I actually love this because it brings color and youthfulness to my face.

 Petale de Rose

Petale de Rose was the shade that I was looking forward to the most, and it certainly doesn't disappoint! From all the swatches I've seen online, Petale de Rose seemed like the most versatile and flattering for all skin types.

In natural lighting 

Petale de Rose is a "matte cool deep rose." It's not extremely cool toned, which is great because cool tones tend to look grey on me. I love this color because it's a muted rose that is perfect for everyday wear. Compared to a lot of other nude rose shades, this one isn't too cool toned, bright, or light for my skin. It's just perfect! Definitely my favorite.

 In indoor lighting

 Cassis

In natural lighting 

Cassis is a "matte cool muted violet" which is brighter than the other two shades. It has a hint of violet in it that adds vibrancy to it without becoming overwhelming. More Better and Bad Habit are also violet, though they are much brighter and deeper than Cassis. Cassis has the perfect amount of violet for those who are wanting to try out purple tones without going too wild.

 In indoor lighting

All the shades that I purchased are described as cool-toned, but I think they're actually much warmer than what you'd expect, and I love that! It does make me curious how warm the warmer toned shades are. Maybe I'll pick one up during the next restock.

 In natural lighting

Here are the three shades I got in comparison to some of Colourpop's shades.

In indoor lighting

Overall, I think these Jouer liquid lipsticks are worth the hype and the money. The formula and pigmentation are absolutely amazing and the colors are incredibly flattering. The only downside I would say is that I wouldn't rely too heavily on the swatches on Jouer's website because, quite frankly, they're terrible and inaccurate. Other than that, these liquid lipsticks will probably be my ultimate faves for the unforeseeable future. If only they didn't sell out so quickly! So the next time the restock comes up, be sure to get your hands on some of these great lippies! And don't forget the awesome metallic shades they have too!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...