Saturday, October 17, 2015

Swatch & Review: Too Faced Most Loved Set

I don't have that many bronzers, and I've been wanting to try some out without too much of a commitment or cost. When Sephora came out with the Too Faced Most Loved Set ($25), I snagged it pretty quick. 


The set comes with sample sizes of face primer, eyeshadow primer, their famous Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer, Melted Lipstick in Melted Fig, and their Better Than Sex Mascara. All this for $25 is a pretty great deal if you're a commitment-phobe like myself when it comes to trying out new makeup.





The Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer is perfect for a tan glow without the sparkles and shimmer that comes with a lot of other bronzers. It's slightly on the orange side, which brings a lot of warmth to the face.


My favorite thing about this bronzer is probably the fact that it smells like cocoa. 


In natural lighting, the bronzer is a warm brown. It's definitely a lot warmer than the bronzing/contour shade in my Marc Jacobs contour powder


I think this shade is slightly warmer than Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, which I'm hoping to get my hands on next. I'm still playing around with bronzers, so I'm not sure if I like warmer or cooler tones just yet.


This mascara has been raved about since it came out, and it's one of the top selling mascaras in the market. If you didn't already know, I kind of hate mascara. I have Asian eyes, so mascara tends to run along my top and lower lids when I blink. It's unfortunate, so I don't really wear mascara often.


However, I did try out this mascara just to see what the buzz was about, and it's pretty nice. I'm not an expert on mascara by any means, but this one does the job. It's not too wet and the formula doesn't cause clumping on my lashes. Since the bristles are so big, it doesn't let me get all the way to the roots of my lashes, but I don't really mind. I wouldn't say it's volumizing for me, but it definitely lengthens my lashes.


The eyeshadow primer does what it says. There's nothing miraculous about it. I mostly use Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, and I find that this one works just the same. I've never had problems with creasing for my eyeshadow anyway (since I have monolids), so all eyeshadow primers do the same thing for me. 

  

I really, really like this face primer though. It's just so much more comfortable to use on my face. I've used Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Hourglass Veil Primer, and YSL's Touche Eclat Blur Primer, and I think I like Too Faced's the best. It feels a lot more hydrating than the other high end primers, and it doesn't leave a weird silicone-y, greasy feeling that the other ones do. I know some people prefer the effects of silicone in their primers, but it just feels too weird for me. When I use Too Faced's primer, it feels like I'm actually doing something nice to my face.


Hydrating and replenishing. This primer definitely lives up to its name. 


I own a Melted Lipstick in Berry, and it used to be one of my favorites. I think the only annoyance I have with this line of lipsticks is how hard it is to apply the lipstick evenly. 


To get the color out, you squeeze the tube and the pigment comes out of the top felt applicator. 


I don't have great control with this sort of applicator, so it can get messy when I'm applying the lipstick. 


Melted Fig is a gorgeous plummy pink. The swatch on my arm looks pretty dark, but it's actually much sheerer. I had to swatch a few times on my arm to get a good photo, which is why it looks so pigmented. 


Melted Fig in indoor lighting. On my lips, the color is a neutral pink that is perfect for everyday or office wear. I've gotten several compliments on this color because it's so natural, yet with just the right amount of pigmentation to bring color to my face. 


Melted Fig in natural lighting. I kind of adore this color. I didn't think I would like it since lighter pinks don't tend to look nice on me, but this one is very natural and pretty.

Too Faced Most Loved Set is probably one of my favorite value sets. I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of most, if not all, of these products. The products in this set are so universal that it can really suit anyone or be given as a gift.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...