Saturday, March 5, 2016

Swatch and Review: Lancôme Le Lipstique in Sheer Natural

New York Fashion Week passed not too long ago, and I was lucky enough to be in the city for the last few days of NYFW. I got to check out the latest street fashion and trends in the blustering cold of NYC.

Anyway, I also kept up with behind the scenes through the Sephora x NYFW snapchat, and I fell in love with a lip color the models were wearing during a show. It turned out to be Lancôme's Le Lipstique (25.50), which is a lip pencil that comes in a variety of natural shades and a brush on the other end.  Needless to say, I went out and picked it up right away.


This is actually my first Lancôme product, because the brand seems to cater to the more mature and classy, while I tend to hang around at the Too Faced and Urban Decay booths.


I got the shade Sheer Natural because it looked the best on my skin tone. I especially love how there's an attached lip brush.






This is a wood lip pencil that needs to be sharpened, which might mean wasted product as you sharpen it.


I love this lip brush. It makes blending the lip liner with a lipstick a breeze. 


Sheer Natural is a brownish nude on me. It goes on matte and is not very "sheer," despite what the name implies. It goes on quite nicely without tugging and with good pigmentation. It actually feels like a lipstick as I can feel the product on my lips, unlike other lip liners that are more lightweight.

In natural lighting

My 19038234th brownish-pinkish-mauvy-nude color that I'm so obsessed with.

In indoor lighting

The neatest thing about this lip liner is that it Does. Not. Budge. It's actually very difficult for me to wipe this off my lips or my arm, and plain ol' micellar water (my go-to remover) won't work. I usually have to use some sort of makeup removing oil to get this off me. 

So if you're into matte, long-wearing, multi-functional lip liners, this is the one for you! I'm really impressed with this product and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Lancôme's other products (ahem, L'absolu Rouge).

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...