Monday, July 25, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part VII - Jenn Ne Sais Quad and Birthday Boy

Another Colourpop haul! I really just don't know when to stop, do I? Well, here is the seventh installment of my Colourpop series. FYI, there will be an eighth as well, so stay tuned.


So this was my first time ever getting an actual box from Colourpop. Usually I get my order in an envelope, which I don't mind, but this box is gorgeous. P.S., you can only get this box with a decent sized order of Super Shock Shadows or Super Shock Cheeks.


I decided to get the newly launched Jenn Ne Sais Quad ($20) Super Shock Shadows. I've been a follower of Jenn Im for a while now,  and I find that her style is just so timeless. And I definitely think that remains true with this quad.






The shadows are classically named Un, Deux, Trois, and Quatre. I'm assuming the names are written in the order that they could be used.


This is my first time ever getting Super Shock Shadows from Colourpop. I've gotten their blushes before, and I adore the texture of them. However, I wasn't sure how well that texture would do for eyeshadows. I'm glad to say that these shadows work phenomenally.


I apply these in the order in which they are numbered. Un as an all over lid shadow, Deux as a transition crease color, Trois for more crease definition, and Quatre for darker definition.


Un is a "soft champagne sprinkled with silver multidimensional glitter in a Metallic finish." I prefer to apply this color with my fingers since that method gives me the most color payoff.


Deux is "a mid tone warm brown in a Satin finish." This color and the other two darker colors in the quad work well with a fluffy blending brush in my crease.


Trois is "a brownish brick red in a Satin finish." I use this color very lightly because the red tones are quite pigmented on my skin tone. However, I'm so very in love with this shade.


Quatre is "a blackened brown in a Matte finish." I use this shade with a very light hand since it is also very pigmented. 

In indoor lighting: Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre

In natural lighting 

These shades are extremely beautiful and pigmented, and they blend like a dream. I'm really glad I decided to buy this quad as my first foray into Super Shock Shadows. Definitely considering getting more.


When I made my last purchase from Colourpop, it was during their two year anniversary so I got a complimentary shadow in Birthday Boy.


It comes in cute purple packaging and a crown on top of the logo.


Birthday Boy is a taupe-y violet with silver shimmer. Between this shade and Un, I've been using both as my go-to lid color.

In indoor lighting: Birthday Boy 

Like the shades in Jenn Ne Sais Quad, Birthday Boy is very pigmented and easy to blend.

In natural lighting

I am officially a complete Super Shock Shadow convert. I don't know how I went so long without using these. No joke, these shades have been my go-to eyeshadows for a simple and easy makeup look for the past few months. They are just so pigmented and user friendly. No need to spend hours blending to get the perfect look. 

I think the only downside is these shadows are packaged individually and take up quite a bit of space. Nevertheless, I'm definitely keeping my eyes out on future Super Shock Shadow sets because Colourpop shadow formulas are just too good to pass up. Not to mention the price!

5/5

Check out my previous Colourpop reviews here:
Part I - More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye Ultra Matte Lips
Part II - Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2 Ultra Matte Lips
Part III - Lumiere and Brink Lippie Stix
Part IV - Between the Sheets and Butterfly Beach Super Shock Cheeks
Part V - Lippie Pencils in Rayezor, Bumble, Lumiere, and Dopey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...