Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Swatch and Review: Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big

I've been in dire need of blush and bronzer for awhile now, and I stopped by my local Nordstrom Rack since they always have great deals on high end makeup products. While I was there, I was debating between a Smashbox blush and this Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer duo ($34). I ended up getting Too Faced because it is so much more user-friendly than the Smashbox blush I was looking at.




This duo is limited edition, though it is still available on the Too Faced website. Luckily, I was able to get mine at around $12 since I got it at Nordstrom Rack. Such a steal!


The duo comes in two shades: Carrie & Big and Ross & Rachel. As much as I loved the name Ross & Rachel, I definitely prefer the peachy coral blush and light bronzer of Carrie & Big over the medium pink and dark bronzer in Ross & Rachel.


The blushing bronzer comes in this adorable heart-shaped compact with a good-sized mirror. Too Faced recently came out with their Love Flush 16-hour blushes that are in similar compacts, so I'm guessing this limited edition duo was a test run.


The formula of this duo is satiny and smooth. It feels lightweight and it applies with a very slight shimmer that is hardly noticeable when blended.


Carrie & Big took me several swatches to get any pigmentation because of my tan skin tone. However, this is fine since the swatches are heavily done and I don't need my blush or bronzer to be so pigmented. On the face, the colors blend beautifully and give a natural finish. Although the bronzer does run a little on the orange/gold side, I absolutely love the blush.


Overall, Too Faced Blushing Bronzer is a great combination of colors with an excellent formula. While it needs building up for me, it should work quite well on those with fairer skin tones than myself. I definitely recommend anyone who loves gorgeous colors in beautiful packaging to get this limited edition duo before it runs out.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...