Thursday, February 11, 2016

Swatch and Review: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Leslie


NARS Audacious Lipsticks ($32) have some of the highest ratings ever for lip products, and with good reason. They're super pigmented, ultra creamy, and long-lasting.


The formula is absolutely amazing and NARS offers a vast selection of colors. I chose Leslie, because psst, it's my name. I actually didn't go to Sephora with the intention of picking this up, but when I saw the name and swatched it, it was fate.





I love the packaging for this. Super simple and sleek matte case with a magnetic closure.


Leslie is described as 'cherrywood'.  On me it's a true brick red, like a red-brown with a hint of clay. Fun fact: Oklahoma has red dirt, which is why a lot of our brick buildings are red. So this lipstick reminds me of good ol' Okie dirt. And since I was born and raised here, it's - again - fate.

L to R: Clinique Cola Pop, Bite Black Cherry, Bésame Merlot, NARS Audacious Leslie.

In natural lighting.

As you can see, NARS Leslie is warmer than the rest. It's similar to Cola Pop, but I'd say Cola Pop is deeper and has a tinge of berry hue to it in person while Leslie is a true brick red. You can see swatches of Cola Pop in my review here. Click here for Bite Black Cherry. And here for Bésame Merlot.

In natural lighting. 

Leslie is a very warm, natural red on me. It's vibrant enough to bring color and attention, but muted enough to not be distracting in the workplace. I love that I don't have anything like this color in my collection.

In indoor lighting

I'm so in love with everything about this lipstick. I haven't branched out and gotten more Audacious Lipsticks because, hellogoodbye $32. But I'm ecstatic that I have this unique gem of a color.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...