Friday, February 12, 2016

Swatch and Review: Buxom True Nude Lip Foundation in Bare


I should probably stop going to Sephora when I don't have something in particular that I need, because I'll ultimately end up buying something that I didn't plan to. Like this.


I was just browsing through Sephora (bad idea) and decided to swatch some lip colors (even worse idea) and I stumbled across Buxom's True Nude Lip Foundation in Bare ($20). Which is ridiculous because I don't own a single thing from Buxom. This brand is a browse-over brand for me, probably because none of their products are ever hyped or promoted where I live, at least not in the way NARS, Becca or Anastasia are, which is a real shame because this lipstick is incredible.






It's a twist up lipstick, much like Colourpop's Lippie Stix. I really love this sort of applicator because it makes applying lipstick so much easier for me.


Bare is a "chestnut brown" and I'm so in love with it.

In natural lighting

In person, this color is a much deeper brown on me. It's like the perfect nude lip without actually being nude. My mother says this color is "too mature" for me, but I'm totally okay with that. 

In indoor lighting

This lipstick is incredibly pigmented and long-wearing. It's not a liquid lipstick, but it has the staying power of one. As soon as I apply it, it won't budge, and I usually need a bit of cleansing oil to get it off. My other lipsticks come off easily with micellar water, but not this one.

This lipstick was an unexpected find for me, but I'm really glad I picked it up.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...