Friday, February 5, 2016

Swatch & Review: Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer in Cola Pop

Wow, so it's been ages since I've posted here. No excuses really; I just kind of lost writing inspiration for a while, but that didn't stop me from buying a ton of makeup anyway.

So updates: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years happened. I also went to Japan in December and came back with hundreds of dollars worth of makeup and skincare - really, the quality of the makeup there is amazing and for a fraction of the price. I couldn't resist, and neither could my mom and my aunt. I'll make a post on my Japan trip sometime soon. 

Instead, have a swatch and review on one of my favorite lipsticks: Clinique Cola Pop ($18).


Cola Pop comes in a lipstick as well as a blush, which I reviewed in this post.


I have about a bazillion lipsticks in this burgundy-brown-red shade, but I still can't get enough of it. Like any makeup addict, my answer is "they're all different!"


I really love the packaging for this lipstick. Super sleek case and with the base that matches the color of the lipstick. Downside is that it can be difficult pulling off the lid since it's not magnetic (especially if your hands are slick with lotion).





Look at this color. Just look at it. It's a deep reddish-brown brick color that I adore. It's intensely pigmented and it glides on smoothly. Clinique describes it as both a lip color and a primer, so it's moisturizing.



And it coordinates wonderfully with the matching Cheek Pop.


Cola Pop in indoor lighting. I'm not going to lie, I have 4 other lipsticks that are similar in shade, but this one has a hint more brown in it.


Cola Pop in natural lighting.

Overall, I love the color and how hydrating this lipstick is. I'd still wear lip balm under it even if Clinique describes it as a primer because my lips are perpetually dry. Aside from the lid, this lipstick is wonderful.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...