Sunday, February 7, 2016

Swatch & Review: Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer

Clearly, my obsession with highlighters has not ended. I've got at least another three highlighter reviews on the way, lord help me.

I got a sample of Josie Maran's Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer ($26) with a Sephora purchase once and I fell in love. This is the holy grail of highlighters if you want a highlight so strong you glow in the dark.




 I have a love-hate relationship with the packaging. The bottle is gorgeous and I love how you can see how much product there is left, but...




A pump. Really? It's so difficult to control how much product to pump out. Even half a pump gives me too much product unless I want to highlight my whole body, which okay, sometimes I do. 


In indoor lighting. Full swatch (top) and blended out (bottom).

This highlighter is a beautiful pale gold color that everyone has been in love with for a while now. Like Becca's liquid highlighter, this can be mixed with moisturizer for an allover glow. Sometimes I mix it with my lotion and apply it to my legs for a gorgeous shine.


Natural lighting.

The glitter in this highlighter is microscopic, so it leaves a very natural shimmer without the large glitter particles. 

For me, this is a special occasion highlighter because it's so bright. If the pump wasn't so finicky, I might use it more often. However, it mostly just stays in my drawer until I'm feeling extra glowy.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...