Monday, February 29, 2016

Swatch and Review: Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope in Black Tie


Lovely velvet packaging for the Velvet Rope lipsticks

Today I'll be reviewing the ever so luxurious (and pricey) Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope lipstick in the shade Black Tie ($50).


Logo detail on the lipstick

I have several lipsticks from Lipstick Queen, and the Velvet Rope collection is the most expensive. However, the price tag is completely understandable once you experience the quality of these lipsticks.





The packaging for these lipsticks is incredible. They're encased in a hefty, gold case with a magnetic lid. It definitely has an old Hollywood glamour feel to it.


To the left is Entourage, which I didn't swatch because it was a birthday gift for my best friend. Entourage is a deep wine color that is absolutely gorgeous.


I chose to keep Black Tie for myself because it's a classic deep red - a timeless addition to my collection. 


Black Tie is incredibly pigmented and it glides on like a dream, and there is no tugging at all with this lipstick. The shade is a little bit deeper in person.

In natural lighting

I only need one swipe of Black Tie to get full coverage on my lips. The formula is semi-matte, but not transfer-proof. It's nondrying and a little slippy on the lips. It also has a peppermint scent, so bear that in mind for those who are sensitive to fragrances.

In indoor lighting

I wore Black Tie to a wedding and it lasted throughout the entire reception without fading. I didn't even need to reapply after eating (though I did so anyway because I feel so glamorous holding the case). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...