Friday, March 4, 2016

Swatch and Review: Colourpop Part VI - Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park and Frick N' Frack and Grunge Lippie Stix


I cannot believe this is the 6th installment of my Colourpop review. This is getting ridiculous.


For this part, I'll be reviewing the new Ultra Satin Lips in Echo Park and Frick n' Frack as well as the old goodie Grunge Lippie Stix, all $6 apiece.


Echo Park in natural lighting 

 In indoor lighting

Echo Park is a gorgeous "warm peachy nude" that is most definitely way too light for my skin tone. It doesn't look like it in the pictures, but in person, it fades into my skin and makes me look like a blank canvas with no mouth.


I knew Echo Park would be too light, but I bought it anyway because, hello, lack of self control. It was just too pretty to leave behind and Dopey was out of stock.


 Bumble, Echo Park, Brink in natural lighting

Here are some comparison swatches with other colors in the same family.

In indoor lighting

So I bought Echo Park knowing it was too light because I wanted to mix it with other liquid lipsticks.

Top: Stingraye + Echo Park, Bottom: Tulle + Echo Park

Two of my favorite Ultra Matte Lips are Stingraye and Tulle, which can be too dark and intense for everyday wear. When I mix it with Echo Park, they become the most beautiful shades ever.

Top: Tulle + Echo Park, Bottom: Stingraye + Echo Park

How gorgeous are these new colors? Not to mention Echo Park is a Ultra Satin Lip so it adds a little extra moisture to the Ultra Matte Lips, which can be very drying. Perfect combination!

 Frick n' Frack in natural lighting

Okay, now back to the review. Frick n' Frack was the color I was looking forward to the most, and I'm so in love with it.

In indoor lighting

Frick n' Frack is a "rosy terracotta," and Colourpop doesn't have any other shades like it.

 In natural lighting

This shade is just so pretty. It brings color to the face without being overwhelmingly bright or intensely dark. It's just a nice everyday rosy color.

In indoor lighting

Tulle, Stingraye, Frick n' Frack, Bound, and Rayezor in indoor lighting

I love Frick n' Frack because it's in the same color family as the shades I love, but without being too dark or muted.  Here are some comparison swatches with similar Colourpop shades .

In natural lighting

As you can see, Frick n' Frack is very different from the other colors. I love it!

I really love the formula for the Ultra Satin Lips, much more so than the Ultra Matte Lips. Though they never fully dry down and are not transfer-proof, these are a lot less drying on the lips. The consistency is also a lot thicker and creamier, while the Ultra Matte Lip formula is thinner and watery. I actually prefer the color selection of the Ultra Matte Lips more than the Satin ones, but I prefer the Satin formula. I'll probably continue mixing the two formulas together to get my perfect shades and textures. Can't wait for Colourpop to release more colors in the future!

5/5


Okay, last is the Lippie Stix in Grunge. I decided to pick this up because it's a bestseller and I've been really into browns lately.

In indoor lighting

It's a "cool-toned plum brown," but the "plum" part seems to disappear on my skin tone. 

In natural lighting

In natural lighting

On the lips, it's a mauve brown. In person, it is actually much, much darker to where it looks mostly brown. 

In indoor lighting

That about wraps up part VI of my Colourpop collection. I'll probably have another part or two to add in the future as Colourpop comes out with more products (plus, I still need to get Dopey). 

Check out my previous reviews here:
Part I - More Better, Bad Habit, Stingraye Ultra Matte Lips
Part II - Tulle, Bumble, Lumiere 2 Ultra Matte Lips
Part III - Lumiere and Brink Lippie Stix
Part IV - Between the Sheets and Butterfly Beach Super Shock Cheeks
Part V - Lippie Pencils in Rayezor, Bumble, Lumiere, and Dopey

Next: Part VII - Jenn Ne Sais Quad and Birthday Boy Super Shock Eyeshadows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...