Thursday, August 27, 2015

Swatch and Review: Julep Mini Lipstick Trio - Dancing

I am so fond of Julep.

My insane lipstick collection started when I got Julep's first set of mini lip trios (1920s themed). They're so tiny, but the colors are phenomenal. When I first got them, I thought these are adult colors. I was so used to wearing nude lipsticks that even classic red seemed so radical to me. After getting that first set, it was like a whole world opened up and I just couldn't. Stop. Buying. More.

So thanks, Julep.


A year or two after Julep's first set of lip trios, they came out with the Dancing trio ($40 regular/$32 Maven), which are fall lip colors that I am just so in love with. The packaging of these lipsticks are so beautiful as well - so classic (though mine have been scratched and scuffed because of how loved they are). These lipsticks are seriously tiny - like sample sizes. I find that I don't mind the small size. It actually makes it easier for me to apply with precision. It's also really great to travel with and I look super chic when pulling it out to reapply. 




All the colors are matte finish, which I love, and they are incredibly pigmented. Siren is a "matte Bing cherry," Beau a "matte raspberry," and Heartbreaker a "matte Syrah." I didn't know what Syrah was until I Googled it and it's wine, which is a very accurate description for that color.


The formula for these lipsticks is so great. It's matte without drying and the color lasts forever. Side note: my best friend wore Siren when we went to a concert, and hers lasted way longer than the Too Faced Melted Berry I wore, which is supposed to be a stain. 


Wonky camera colors as usual. Siren is a lovely true red for me.


Beau is my go-to color. It's a deep berry color, but it's still bright with pinkish undertones.


Heartbreaker is so much darker in person. It's almost black on me. It's very similar to Bite Beauty's Black Cherry, but with more violet hues. I wish I could wear this color more often because it's just so beautiful, but it can be very attention-grabbing. 

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...