Thursday, August 20, 2015

Review: Agent Provocateur S/S '15 Sale

Oh, hey. A review of something not make up.

Agent Provocateur recently had their annual Spring/Summer sale, and I splurged on my very first AP pieces! It's nearly impossible for me to find luxury lingerie in my size (30B/32A XS), and AP had a very small selection in my size. By small, I mean three-four pieces, so that's all that I had to choose from. I ended up picking the Hyacinth Bra with mismatched Phoenix Brief as well as the Demelza Corset with Di-Di Brief.



As usual, AP lingerie comes in their iconic pink and black boxes with the lingerie wrapped in matching tissue paper. They also put the receipt and returns info in a pink envelope. Definitely has a luxurious feel to it. 




I wasn't sure if I'd like Hyacinth, especially since I'm more of a black or nude lingerie kind of gal. However, I fell in love with this bra because it's just so beautifully designed. 


Gorgeous violet overlay lace with scalloped edges. The construction of this bra is also well done. I fit it quite nicely and with none of the usual issues like gaping cups or digging underwire. My only qualm about this bra is the satin straps, which isn't so much the bras' issue but rather my own preference. I'm used to wearing elastic straps, so these straps seem to slide a bit more and require readjustments. 


I couldn't get the matching Hyacinth Briefs in my size, so I went with a similar color scheme from the Phoenix design. I lucked out on this one, since I had to guess whether the color matched online. These briefs are surprisingly comfortable. I thought the lace would be itchy, but of course AP uses quality fabrics. 


Adorable rose detail on the center bow.


It actually matches! I'm super pleased with my first AP set. I wish I could've gotten matching suspenders, but it seems like AP only makes those starting at size 2.

Next is the Demelza Corset. I'm kind in love/hate with it.


The design of the corset is absolutely beautiful. It looks much better on the body than it does laid out. Despite the gorgeous design, I have a lot of issues with it. 

First, it's just too small! I thought I'd never find something that's "too small" for my 24in waist, but this is tiny! It's mostly because the laces AP used for this corset are super short. I had to change out the laces with longer ones from another corset that I have, and I still have to use some effort to snap the busk closed.

 Second, there are no straps. The image on the website shows that there are matching shoulder and garter straps, but I didn't receive any. I've contacted AP about this 5 times now, and they have yet to get back to me on this. I'm not particularly bothered by this since straps just mean more effort for me, but I had expected more from a luxury brand. There's also an issue with one of the strap hooks embedded in the fabric. The place where one of the shoulder straps would hook is way too long and shows when I use a different strap. It's unfortunately very visible, so I'd never be able to wear shoulder straps with this corset without looking lopsided. 

Lastly, it's too long for me. It goes way past my hips, so I can't sit down in it. It's not the corset's fault considering I'm 4'8", but still. I guess I'll just look at it rather than wear it?


Okay, let's say some positive things. The design is freaking gorgeous. I can't get over how beautiful it is. The hip panels have padding as well, so when I wear it under a tight-fitting dress, it looks like I actually have curves. It also has everything that I look for in a corset - steel busk, waist tape, modesty panel, etc. This corset is more for fashion than for waist-training, but it has everything that you need for a functioning corset. Perfect.

Although I love this corset to pieces, I'm thinking of selling it because it just doesn't work with my body. If AP doesn't take a refund for all the issues I'm having with it, I might just list it on Ebay. 


Di-Di. Everything that I love in lingerie - strappy, black, and detailed. There's not much to say about this brief except that it's beautiful. 


I am slightly concerned that the sequins will fall off, so I'd only wear this with loose dresses. As usual, great construction and fabric. So dreamy.

Okay, that's it for my AP haul. Definitely some pros and cons, but overall, I'm pleased with my choices for my first AP pieces. Now if only I can get my hands on some Bordelle and Fleur of England pieces.




4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...