Sunday, August 16, 2015

Swatch and Review: Julep Light On Your Lips in Chit Chat and Happy Hour

I've been a Julep Maven for a couple of years now, and I honestly skip my boxes more often than buy.  It's not Julep's fault though, since they constantly come out with brilliant beauty items and nail polish colors. I just have a thing about commitment, so thank grace that Julep allows monthly skipping. 

However, there's always the one thing that never ceases to tempt me, and it's make up. I have a few of Julep's make up products, but their lipsticks are always, always, my favorite.

When I used to work part-time at my university, I needed to find some lip colors that weren't too bold, but not too bland either. Julep came out with their Light On Your Lips Full-Coverage Crème Lipstick, and I was smitten.




The lipsticks are surprisingly large, compared to Julep's usual lipstick minis. The packaging is also gorgeous. I love the glossy feel and the hefty weight. My best friend -- also a lipstick hoarder -- loves the magnetic cap to the lipsticks. I never worry about them falling open in my bag.


I have Chit Chat, a sunset rose crème, and Happy Hour, a magenta crème. The color pay-off is amazing, and it glides on like butter.


Perfect colors for work. The formula lasts forever, and I hardly need any touchups.


It's a matte finish, but still creamy and hydrating. Chit Chat is my favorite for everyday wear. It's a nice soft pink that brings brightness to my face, but doesn't overwhelm.


Happy Hour is brighter, and it's a great color to complement my floral dresses. 

I love Julep's lipsticks, especially considering I own 2 sets of their minis, this pair, and a balm. Although I horde lipsticks like a madwoman, I find myself reaching for these more often than my more expensive brands.  I'm adoring these full-sized lipsticks, and I hope Julep continues making more colors in this size. I'm definitely eyeing Twirl and Primp to add to my collection.

5/5

P.S. Of course Julep came out with more stunning Light On Your Lips colors right when I bought six other lip colors in a month span. Unfortunately, I had to skip September's box because of my unholy addiction to lipstick, but I'll be keeping my eye on Shimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...