Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Review: NUDE Skincare Triple Skin Rescue Set

28.

I've been a fan of NUDE Skincare for a while ever since I got their Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil. It's not the most affordable brand, so when Sephora had a sale on NUDE products, I was super excited to pick up the Triple Skin Rescue Set ($28.80 $25.20).


This set includes three trial sizes of NUDE Skincare's Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil, Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash, and Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly.





I've already written a post about my love for this oil here. Here we are eight months later and I'm still loving this oil. I especially love this travel size version since I can now travel with a face oil without having to decant it. This smaller size still maintains the excellent quality as the full size. It's packaged in a small glass bottle with a glass dropper just like the full size. The only downside is that I find it hard to press down on the dropper to release the oil. Not a big deal though. 


The set comes with ten packets of Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash, and each packet are multiple use. You pour a small amount in your palm and add a few drops of water. Mix until it begins fizzing and apply to dampened face to clean.


I'm still uncertain about this one mainly because of my own preferences. This wash doesn't remove makeup, which is a downside for me. It's more of a gentle cleanser or exfoliator. I also think it's a bit too messy for me to really enjoy since the powder becomes a fizzy, liquidy mess that doesn't hold and spread as well as my usual cream or gel cleansers do.

On the plus side, the packets make it great for traveling and I also like how you can get multiple uses out of a single packet. It also smells wonderful and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. It's still not my favorite because of personal preferences, but it's still a handy addition to my skincare collection.


The last product in the set is the Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly. At first I didn't like it because you apply the gel to a dry face to break up makeup, then add water to cleanse and rinse. I found it a little too thick to apply on a dry face, unlike my preferred cleansing oil. However, after a couple uses, I really enjoy how much easier it is to use this than an oil.


This jelly is a thicker consistency than oil, which means it can be a little bit tougher to spread across dry skin, but it doesn't run everywhere like a cleansing oil does. I prefer to use this by applying it directly to my dry face and rub to break up makeup. Then I step into the shower to rinse everything off. I don't need to double cleanse when using this because the jelly becomes a creamy cleanser when in contact with water. When I use cleansing oils, I prefer to double cleanse. I find this jelly cleanser to be a lot more convenient on days when I have full makeup on and I plan to shower. It removes all of my makeup, including my stubborn, Japanese waterproof mascara. All in all, a great discovery for me.

NUDE Skincare has slowly been disappearing from Sephora stores and their website for reasons I don't know. For now, all of the NUDE Skincare line has been put on sale perpetually. I'm glad I was able to snatch this set up when I could. It's a great way to experiment with this brand's products without breaking the bank.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...