Friday, July 22, 2016

Swatch and Review: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits in Prosecco Pop and Amaretto

So it's been over a month since my last post. Oops. Well, I've got a great swatch and review today! Anyone who has been keeping up with the latest makeup releases knows that the Becca x Jaclyn Hill collabs are always big news. I decided not to indulge in the face palette ($52) since I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it. Super glad I waited because Becca and Jaclyn Hill came out with the Champagne Splits ($38) and I'm totally in love!


 I did a post on Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop highlighter a last year, and I fell in love with that highlighter. When Becca x Jaclyn Hill came out with these new shades, I just about died.


First up, the packaging. Can we just take a moment to admire the beauty of this gold packaging? Sigh.






When you open up the compact, there's the usual protective plastic covering the two pressed powders. The top one is Prosecco Pop and the bottom shade is Amaretto. 


These shades are available in the face palette, along with Champagne Pop and two other blushes, but the only one I really felt in love with was Amaretto. I already have Champagne Pop and I knew I wouldn't use the other two colors as often, so I decided to opt out of the face palette and wait for the Champagne Splits. It's definitely more economical to purchase the face palette, but I'm okay spending more for the convenience of this small compact and the two shades I would most definitely use.


Here is the Champagne Splits compact in comparison to Becca's usual matte gray compact, which I still adore.


As you can see from the shades in the pan, Champagne Pop has a rosy pink undertone while Prosecco Pop is a pure gold. 

 In indoor lighting: Prosecco Pop and Amaretto

Prosecco Pop is described as a "medium warm gold" and Amaretto is a "matte toasted almond." I'm absolutely obsessed with Amaretto as an everyday blush and bronzer.

 In natural lighting

Prosecco Pop really does work well with most skin tones. It doesn't become to frosty on darker skin tones like Champagne Pop would. However, it would leave a yellowish gold cast on fairer skin tones.

 In indoor lighting: Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Amaretto, Balm Desert

Here are some comparison swatches with other shades. I decided to swatch Amaretto next to the Balm's Balm Desert blush bronzer because the two are somewhat similar. Amaretto has a hint more ruddy tan coloring while Balm Desert is slightly rosier. Both are beautiful and I feel like if you have one, you wouldn't need the other.

In natural lighting

You can definitely see how Champagne Pop is more of a white gold highlighter with pinky undertones while Prosecco Pop is simply gold. 

Overall, I'm so glad I decided to pick up the Champagne Splits rather than the whole face palette. All the shades in the Champagne Collection are limited edition (except for Champagne Pop) so I definitely suggest you get your hands on your favorite shades before they run out!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...