Saturday, April 9, 2016

Review: Murad Environmental Shield Skin Brightening Set


I have a spot that comes up on the same place on my face every couple of months. It is absolutely so irritating because as soon as the scar begins to fade, the spot appears again and I have to go through the entire process of it coming to a head and scarring again. 

So I found this awesome Murad Environmental Shield Skin Brightening Set ($12) on Sephora and I thought, why not


Boy, am I glad I got this! This set is amazing. These two have been constants in my skincare routine for the past few weeks. I couldn't find the link to this exact set since it seems to be sold out everywhere, however this set of 6 ($39) seems to be a really great deal and has these two products as well.





Murad Essential-C Cleanser is a classic face wash that cleanses the skin and leaves you feeling refreshed. However, it doesn't remove makeup. Instead, it is loaded with antioxidants that repair and protect your skin from free radicals - hence the Environmental Shield line.

I really enjoy using this cleanser in the shower. It has a pleasant citrusy scent and it lathers well on my skin. I always feel refreshed afterwards, and my skin doesn't feel overly dry or tight.


The Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum is my current favorite item in my skincare routine. The first time I used it, I saw instant results overnight. No joke. I have medium Asian skin which means I get hyper pigmentation quite easily after a break out (especially in the same freaking spot). I used this directly on the scar, and I saw a noticeable difference the next day. I wouldn't say it was gone completely, but it was certainly lighter. 

This contains hydroquinone, hexapeptide-2, and glycolic acid, which all work to lighten pigmentation and to exfoliate the surface layer of the skin. I wouldn't recommend this for those with very sensitive skin because these ingredients are pretty strong. However, for those with normal skin, this is great! The directions say to apply this over your face in a thin layer, but I find that this serum is a little tacky and uncomfortable. Instead, I use it as a spot treatment directly on the places that are affected by hyper pigmentation. The rest of my skin is mostly even already, so I prefer to concentrate on problem areas. 

Overall, I'm absolutely in love with these two products. The cleanser is gentle and refreshing and the serum works wonders on my spots. I'd definitely recommend that you guys try this out. I'm wishing that I had gotten the 6 piece set instead because this line seems pretty amazing so far!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...