Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Swatch & Review: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Rose Matter and Gemini

I'll be doing a brief overview on two shades of Velour Liquid Lipsticks by Jeffree Star Cosmetics. I've been so captivated by the swatches of Gemini and Rose Matter that I just had to get my hands on it.







These retail at $18 for .19 oz, so there is more product than Colourpop's .11 oz ultra matte lips, but the price is much higher. 

Rose Matter and Gemini in indoor lighting 

Rose Matter and Gemini in natural lighting 


Rose Matter is a "soft neutral coral" which is more of a rosy pink on me.


The liquid lipsticks have a doe-foot applicator which I find to be a little bit different than most. The applicator has a deeper indentation that curves to your lips. The curve holds more product so you won't need to dip back into the tube for more during application.

However, there is a strong root beer scent to these liquid lipsticks, which I'm not a huge fan of. It's not terrible, just not what I'm expecting from a cosmetic product. I'm used to my florals and vanillas.

Rose Matter in natural lighting 

Rose Matter in indoor lighting 


Gemini is a "terra-cotta warm-toned nude" and it's my favorite of the two. It's such a perfect neutral lip with a rosy undertone. I'm a gemini myself, so this shade is so fitting for me.


 Gemini in indoor lighting

I love that this is a great everyday lip color that doesn't stand out too much, but still brings color to my face.

Gemini in natural lighting

The formula for the Velour Liquid Lipsticks is divine. Dare I say it, it might be better than Jouer's lip crèmes. It's liquid but it dries down fast and matte, but doesn't leave my lips feeling dry or sticky. It's like I don't have anything on my lips at all. Jouer is my go-to liquid lipstick brand because I'm loyal, but the formula is often thicker and more mousse-like in texture than the usual liquid lipsticks. 

If you're looking for a true liquid lipstick that has a wide selection of gorgeous shades and a great formula, Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks are great to try out.

Though honestly, I probably won't be buying more from this brand in the future. I was only interested in these two shades anyway. Nevertheless, everything from the formula to the packaging is wonderful. I'm just not a die-hard fan as many are, and I can surely find more affordable options with similar shades from Colourpop. 

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...